Monday, September 17, 2012

I'd Like to Work for Hallmark Some Day...

"I could show you the world if you let me,
I would take your hand and hold it steady.
I'd pick you up when you were down,
I'll tuck you in safe and sound.
I'll hold your hand if you reach for mine,
I'd make this work if you just gave me the time.
I will make you happy every day,
All is possible if you'd just stay."
-2010

"I'm lying here in the comfort of my own bed,
With thoughts of you running through my head.
Wondering, if you're wondering."
-2010


"It's like a stab in my stomach,
And a slap to my heart,
Just keep in mind,
You had me in the start."
-2010


That's all for tonight. I suppose I was much more creative in 2010... I need some inspiration for new poetry. Maybe a boy won't break my heart for once and I'll actually have reason to write happy stanzas that I can send to Hallmark. But for now, boys suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment