Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"How can you wish me the best when you've been nothing but the worst?" A Post About Love

"How can you wish me the best when you've been nothing but the worst?"

I overheard this being said to one of my roommates last night, and it made me think. Although that's a terrible thing to say somebody, what a clever line. And in a way I can relate. I've had countless breakups, which almost always result in me being the receptor, and feeling the familiar horrid feeling we all know too well.

All the sudden the rug's pulled out from underneath you, and it's like you suddenly can't breathe. The one person, one thing, you kept in the back of your mind with every decision you made, is suddenly gone. It's almost like an identity crisis. Abruptly, you're forced to reinvent yourself, and try and remember what it's like to be on your own; single. But then again, I think self-rejuvenation is such an important aspect to life. Stepping back and reassessing situations and personal being can be so beneficial.

But then again, it sucks too.

"Paige, you're going to meet someone so much better than me." I've heard it too many times before. I'm sure I'm going to meet someone better, but when did I say I wanted to?

"Paige, you're going to do so many great things in your life, and I don't want me to hold you back." I would never let you hold me back, don't give yourself that much credit. But your support meant something to me, and now I'm on my own again. I have to have my own back.

I hate putting my heart out there and giving it to someone because at this point in time, I know it's going to end. I am yet to find a guy my age willing to commit, and not to be so afraid of how big of a heart I have. But, I'd rather save all my love I can give for someone who cares enough to receive it, because it's been wasted far too many times on boys who change their minds.

And they always say the same thing too, "I wish nothing but the best for you, Paige."

How can you wish me the best when you've become nothing but the worst?

No comments:

Post a Comment