Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One Big Secret

Are we together?
Or is this just for fun?
Do you want me forever?
Or will we set like the sun?

I can't help but think,
That this isn't real.
But I'm starting to sink,
And don't know how you feel.

I'll stay your secret if you want me to,
But it doesn't have to be that way.
Because you know how I feel about you,
And one day you'll want me to stay.

We play it coy,
But little do they know.
You aren't just another boy,
This "friendship" is just a show.

People will point out the wrong,
But I only see the right.
You're like my favorite song,
And I wanna listen every night.

It's hard to keep this so quiet,
And I know right now I have to.
But to be honest, I can't deny it,
I'm completely in love with you.

2 comments:

  1. Multiple people are in similar situations with a girl or boy. Like this one, but there are little things that are very different. To get that all in one poem would either be impossible or a very long poem. You wrote it so it speaks to many different people, while it's still true to you. I could have written something similar to this, but we would be talking about completely different things. It's just really cool, and I wanted to say something. I know it was a while ago, but still.

    ReplyDelete